[comp.sys.next] Any FTP site in Japan ?

skahng@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Soonam Kahng) (04/15/91)

Anybody knows any anonymous FTP site on NeXT in Japan ?

I have heard there is Japanese fonts on NeXT. Have you seen ?

How about Korean fonts ?

<Soonam >

skahng@gmuvax2.gmu.edu

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (04/16/91)

In article <4157@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> skahng@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Soonam Kahng) writes:
>Anybody knows any anonymous FTP site on NeXT in Japan ?
>
>I have heard there is Japanese fonts on NeXT. Have you seen ?

One NeXT FTP site is at Electrotechnical Lab of MITI, Tsukuba
Japan.  Address is etlport.etl.go.jp [I don't know IP numbers].
Look in directory /pub/NeXT.

I don't think there is any PD or free Japanese fonts in
PostScript font format.  All fonts that are PD or free are
bitmap fonts.  You don't have to FTP to Japan to get these.
14x14 bitmap font comes with the standard X11R4 distribution
as part of kterm (xterm with Japanese extensions).
There are 16x16, and 24x24 bitmap fonts in the PD.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu