[comp.sys.next] No WordPerfect Deal.

roth2@hulaw1.harvard.edu (04/16/91)

Last Friday I posted a message indicating that any seven educational buyers
could buy WordPerfect jointly, each obtaining a liscence, all for the price of one.
The person at WordPerfect who provided that erroneous information was neither
authorized or qualified to do so -- though he was quite helpful as a
technician.  Sorry to raise anyone's hopes.
TR.

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (04/16/91)

In article <1991Apr15.154703.555@hulaw1.harvard.edu>, roth2@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
> Last Friday I posted a message indicating that any seven educational buyers
> could buy WordPerfect jointly, each obtaining a liscence, all for the price of one.
> The person at WordPerfect who provided that erroneous information was neither
> authorized or qualified to do so -- though he was quite helpful as a
> technician.  Sorry to raise anyone's hopes.
> TR.
As far as I am aware, you were right the first time!  We bought WP for the
NeXT from NeXTConnection, and eventually got a card which we returned to
WP corp allowing us to use WP for the NeXT on 7 different machines.  Get
your hopes back up!  (unless wp changed their educational policy in the
last 2 months).

			Adrian

--
Adrian Goldman                         |  Internet:  Goldman@MBCL.Rutgers.Edu
Molecular Biology Computing Laboratory |  Bitnet:    Goldman@BioVAX

isaacso@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Eric J. Isaacson) (04/16/91)

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu writes:

>In article <1991Apr15.154703.555@hulaw1.harvard.edu>, roth2@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
>> Last Friday I posted a message indicating that any seven educational buyers
>> could buy WordPerfect jointly, each obtaining a liscence, all for the price of one.
< DELETED STUFF >
>As far as I am aware, you were right the first time!  We bought WP for the
>NeXT from NeXTConnection, and eventually got a card which we returned to
>WP corp allowing us to use WP for the NeXT on 7 different machines.  Get
>your hopes back up!  (unless wp changed their educational policy in the
>last 2 months).

My understanding is that an educational INSTITUTION can purchase ONE
copy of WordPerfect and WPCorp will GIVE (grant, whatever) SEVEN
additional installations--to THAT institution.  I believe this to be
true for WP on all platforms.  For the PC version--I don't know that
this is true for the others--an individual buyer can buy WP from the
retailer of their choice and obtain a certificate worth a $100 rebate
from WP.  So (I believe) the 8-for-1 is for institutions only.
--
Eric J. Isaacson (the other)      Internet: isaacso@ucs.indiana.edu
School of Music--Indiana Univ.   NeXT Mail: isaacso@bartok.music.indiana.edu