[comp.sys.next] ClassicalGas solution

aberno@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Anthony Berno) (04/15/91)

For those of you that were wondering along with me about getting
ClassicalGas to play, I just recieved email from the author of this piece,
and he suggested that I include the files manually, that is paste in the
entire file everywhere an "include" statement includes it. (That, after all,
is basically what an include statement does.)

This isn't as painful as it sounds, there are exactly 11 or 12 include
statements in the entire score. It took me 3 minutes, and now it plays.
: )

Enjoy. I'm still working on trying to make the "include" statements work,
though.. they SHOULD, but they DON'T.

 ---
    Anthony Berno (aberno@questor.wimsey.bc.ca)
      The QUESTOR Project: Free Public Access to Usenet & Internet in
                            Vancouver, BC, Canada, at +1 604 681 0670.

das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Douglas A Scott) (04/17/91)

In article <c6RF12w164w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca> aberno@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Anthony Berno) writes:
>For those of you that were wondering along with me about getting
>ClassicalGas to play, I just recieved email from the author of this piece,
>and he suggested that I include the files manually, that is paste in the
>entire file everywhere an "include" statement includes it. (That, after all,
>is basically what an include statement does.)
>
>This isn't as painful as it sounds, there are exactly 11 or 12 include
>statements in the entire score. It took me 3 minutes, and now it plays.
>: )
>
>Enjoy. I'm still working on trying to make the "include" statements work,
>though.. they SHOULD, but they DON'T.

	It was not necessary under 1.0a...the problem was that the #include
	directive only included things it found in /NextLibrary/Music/Scores
	when it parsed up the main score.  I found that I had to link in all
	the score*.out files into that directory (and the main score as well)
	to get it to work.  Now, though, under 2.[01], it seems that that
	doesnt even work.  I must admit I have not tried actually copying
	all the stuff into /NextLibrary/Music/Scores since upgrading, but one
	thing to try would be to specify the complete path to the included
	files in the #include statements.
Douglas Scott                          Columbia University Computer Music Studio
(703)765-4771