[comp.sys.next] IComm available

tph@cs.utexas.edu (Pow-Hwee Tan) (04/16/91)

Greetings,

    I have just submitted IComm, a communication software, to
sonata.cc.purdue.edu.  IComm features zmodem file transfer protocol, vt100
emulation, autodialing, phone list, and make use of NeXTStep interface.

    Two versions are available, one for system 1.0 and the other for system
2.0.  IComm is shareware.

--
ph tan
tph@cs.utexas.edu

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (04/18/91)

In article <19247@cs.utexas.edu> tph@cs.utexas.edu (Pow-Hwee Tan) writes:

>    I have just submitted IComm, a communication software, to
>sonata.cc.purdue.edu.  IComm features zmodem file transfer protocol, vt100
>emulation, autodialing, phone list, and make use of NeXTStep interface.

>    Two versions are available, one for system 1.0 and the other for system
>2.0.  IComm is shareware.

Well, this does seem like a vast improvement over tip! But I can't get it
to recognize my modem. I have an 040 cube, 14.4K v.32bis,etc...HST, not
on a network, but I have NeXT Mail running,etc...Has anyone been able to
get this to work?

Also, are there any tek4014 emulators out there?

Philip McDunnough
philip@utstat.utoronto.ca