[comp.sys.next] Postscript PSsetdash

dougw@grebyn.com (Doug Worthington) (04/18/91)

--------
Hello NeXTWorld,
	I have a question concerning the use of PSsetdash() to set the
dash pattern when drawing lines and such in postscript.  When I set the
dash pattern, then use a DPSdouserpath with ustroke, no dash pattern is
used just a plain line.  I debug using a showps and the dash pattern is
being properly set (i.e. [4] 0 setdash.)

Any Help?
Thanks
Doug Worthington
dougw@grebyn.com

P.S. I am posting this for Terry S. If you want to speak on the phone
call (703) 834-5000 x2896 and ask for Doug, Terry or Steve.

aberno@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Anthony Berno) (04/18/91)

dougw@grebyn.com (Doug Worthington) writes:

> --------
> Hello NeXTWorld,
> 	I have a question concerning the use of PSsetdash() to set the
> dash pattern when drawing lines and such in postscript.  When I set the
> dash pattern, then use a DPSdouserpath with ustroke, no dash pattern is
> used just a plain line.  I debug using a showps and the dash pattern is
> being properly set (i.e. [4] 0 setdash.)
>
> Any Help?
> Thanks
> Doug Worthington
> dougw@grebyn.com
>
> P.S. I am posting this for Terry S. If you want to speak on the phone
> call (703) 834-5000 x2896 and ask for Doug, Terry or Steve.

Didn't I read something about how you aren't supposed to use that function
because of its incredible overhead? Let me see...

Geez, I love Librarian. 10 seconds later, here it is:
"Dashed Lines

Don't use these.  Dashed lines using PSsetdash() are extremely time
consuming.  Consider using user paths or compositing as an alternative.
"

So there you have it. I don't know why it doesn't work - must be the wrath
of the Gods.

 ---
    Anthony Berno (aberno@questor.wimsey.bc.ca)
      The QUESTOR Project: Free Public Access to Usenet & Internet in
                            Vancouver, BC, Canada, at +1 604 681 0670.