[comp.sys.next] Sendmail - where should it pick up the fullname?

waltrip@capd.jhuapl.edu (04/20/91)

In article <CNH5730.91Apr18193700@maraba.tamu.edu>, cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu
writes:
 | In article <1991Apr17.164751.1864@ohm.york.ac.uk>
 | nigelm@ohm.york.ac.uk (Nigel Metheringham) writes:
 |
 |    Also, am I alone in thinking that although NeXTmail is great fun, it
 |    is not as well designed in functionality as elm

 | and then writes

 |    although elm can't handle sounds, files, graphics and fancy
 |    fonts, it does the job of providing a good mailer service much
 |    better than NeXTmail.

 | One could only guess about your definition of "functionality".

	I took him to mean that NeXTmail didn't do as good a job as elm of
	providing certain functionality which he felt was at least as
	important as the other functionality which NeXTmail does provide and
	which he enjoyed.

 | he then writes

 |    [Let the flame wars commence?? :-) ]

 | One's favorite mailer is very high on David Letterman's top 10 list of
 | "religious issues in computer technology" and will always generate a
 | very tedious flame war. Sigh... such a waste of precious net bandwidth...
 | and so unconducive to getting one's problems solved.

	A religious issue maybe but mailers ARE one of those items where I
	find myself wishing someone would pull together ALL of the neat feaures
	into ONE mailer.  Given that NeXTmail has a core of great
	functionality (a point on which all three of us posters agree), maybe
	we could use this thread to post the features people would most like
	to see added to NeXTmail.  I'm probably not the best person to
	summarize as I'm not as familiar with some with regard to issues such
	as addressing functionality, but I'll volunteer anyway.

	So if you have functionality you want added to NeXTmail, email to me
	and I'll summarize.

c.f.waltrip

Internet:  <waltrip@capsrv.jhuapl.edu>

Opinions expressed are my own.