[comp.sys.next] hard disks for Next

pulliam@nas.nasa.gov (Thomas Pulliam) (04/19/91)

    I'm sure this have been handled many times before, but:

  Is there a lists of hard disks

  (sizes/prices/manufacturers/outlests/etc)

  for the Next?

   We are particularly interested in third party 1.2-1.4 and up HD.

  If anyone has this info or can point us to a source we would be
  quite gratefull.      Thanks in advance.

  Please respond to pulliam@rft29.nas.nasa.gov or
                    jesperse@rft28.nas.nasa.gov or
                    reply to comp.sys.next

             *********************
             *                   *
             *      You're       *
             *                   *
             *       In A        *
             *                   *
             *       Box !       *
             *                   *
             *             @1990 *
             *********************

   |  Thomas H. Pulliam                   |
   |  MS 202A-1 NASA Ames Research Center |
   |  Moffett Field, Ca  94035            |
   |  (415) 604-6417                      |
   |  pulliam@rft29.nas.nasa.gov          |
   |  pulliam@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov        |

Blue Whales with Peace and Farewell

cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu (04/20/91)

In article <PULLIAM.91Apr19083340@rft29.nas.nasa.gov> pulliam@nas.nasa.gov (Thomas Pulliam) writes:
       I'm sure this have been handled many times before, but:

it has.

     Is there a lists of hard disks

     (sizes/prices/manufacturers/outlests/etc)

     for the Next?

      We are particularly interested in third party 1.2-1.4 and up HD.

How about you buy from NeXT? Their hard drives are cutting-edge
technology, are high-performance, half-height, state-of-the-art and
come with NeXT software pre-installed and warranted. No head-aches, no
fuss, no muss.
--
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
 and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (04/20/91)

In <CNH5730.91Apr19174936@maraba.tamu.edu> cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu writes:

>In article <PULLIAM.91Apr19083340@rft29.nas.nasa.gov> pulliam@nas.nasa.gov (Thomas Pulliam) writes:
>How about you buy from NeXT? Their hard drives are cutting-edge
>technology, are high-performance, half-height, state-of-the-art and
>come with NeXT software pre-installed and warranted. No head-aches, no
>fuss, no muss.

WRONG!  It may be no fuss, but you're gonna suffer bankruptcy this way!

340MB = $2995 (I can buy a 1.2GB and a 300MB drive for that!)
66OMB = $3995 (price of one NeXTstation!)
1.4GB = $5995!!!  I can buy 3, count em, 3 1.2GB drives for this price!

If you want to buy from NeXT, go ahead, but don't complain about
pricing if you do!

-k

pulliam@nas.nasa.gov (Thomas Pulliam) (04/22/91)

   From: asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
   Date: 20 Apr 91 00:00:46 GMT

   In <CNH5730.91Apr19174936@maraba.tamu.edu> cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu writes:

   >In article <PULLIAM.91Apr19083340@rft29.nas.nasa.gov> pulliam@nas.nasa.gov (Thomas Pulliam) writes:
   >How about you buy from NeXT? Their hard drives are cutting-edge
   >technology, are high-performance, half-height, state-of-the-art and
   >come with NeXT software pre-installed and warranted. No head-aches, no
   >fuss, no muss.

   WRONG!  It may be no fuss, but you're gonna suffer bankruptcy this way!

   340MB = $2995 (I can buy a 1.2GB and a 300MB drive for that!)
   66OMB = $3995 (price of one NeXTstation!)
   1.4GB = $5995!!!  I can buy 3, count em, 3 1.2GB drives for this price!

   If you want to buy from NeXT, go ahead, but don't complain about
   pricing if you do!

   -k

    Get it straight:  I didn't post the gluck about buying from NeXT.
I agree, you are paying an arm and a leg (please don't pull mine) for
HD from NeXT.  I posted the query for info on third party disks.

   get it straight !

   sorry to the rest of the net for this type of shi*

             *      You're       *
             *       In A        *
             *       Box !       *
             *             @1990 *