[comp.sys.next] .sig files & NeXTMail -- Let's try it again!

roth2@hulaw1.harvard.edu (04/23/91)

]Someone Posted a message a few days back indicating that a program exists
which will add the contents of a .signature file to one's NeXTMail
automatically.  Would anyone with any knowledge about this please tell my how I
can get a copy of this program (or better yet send me one!?)

THANX
Tony Roth
PREFFERED ADDRESS:: tony%cyrano@merk.com  ...uunet!cyrano!tony

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.193048.641@hulaw1.harvard.edu>
  roth2@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
>Someone Posted a message a few days back indicating that a program exists
>which will add the contents of a .signature file to one's NeXTMail
>automatically.  Would anyone with any knowledge about this please tell my how I
>can get a copy of this program (or better yet send me one!?)

My MailHelper program does this, and a couple of other things,
like adding ">" marks for a block of text.
It's at the standard archives in sources directory for 2.0.
Look for the file MailHelper.tar.Z.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr23.104604.10619@agate.berkeley.edu>
  I write:
>In article <1991Apr22.193048.641@hulaw1.harvard.edu>
>  roth2@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
>>Someone Posted a message a few days back indicating that a program exists
>>which will add the contents of a .signature file to one's NeXTMail
>>automatically.

>My MailHelper program does this, and a couple of other things,
>like adding ">" marks for a block of text.

Actually, it is not automatic.  You have to press "Command-.",
or do "Services - Mail - Insert Signature" from menu.
The content of .signature will be inserted at the current cursor
in a send window.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ 大澤五住 ]