[comp.sys.next] Epson Printers??

jansa@cat27.cs.wisc.edu (Dean Jansa) (04/18/91)

I have a question for you all that wasn't completely answered in
the FAQ list.  I have Epson printers and was wondering if we could
use them on the NeXT stations??  I'd rather not have to upgrade to
a lazer or PS printer if we can use the Epsons.
Thank you all.

				Dean Jansa

In article <1991Apr17.173705.3610@daffy.cs.wisc.edu>
	jansa@cat27.cs.wisc.edu (Dean Jansa) writes:
>I have a question for you all that wasn't completely answered in
>the FAQ list.  I have Epson printers and was wondering if we could
>use them on the NeXT stations??  I'd rather not have to upgrade to
>a lazer or PS printer if we can use the Epsons.

If they only have parallel interfaces, you will need more
hardware; if they have serial interfaces, just an appropriate
cable.  If you follow the instructions in Chapter 13 of N&SA
you can set them up as text printers (for lpr).  You will *not*
be able to print from NextStep applications without additional
software (not [yet] generally available).

					-=EPS=-