[comp.sys.next] NextDimension color question

sloderb@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (Mike Sloderbeck) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr25.083735.27737@agate.berkeley.edu> izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) writes:
>In article <1991Apr24.231003@ece.arizona.edu>
>  dan@ece.arizona.edu (Dan Filiberti) writes:

     [stuff about colorstation deleted]
>>I guess this could be expected.  After all, they didn't even allow
>>for RGB input into the NextDimension board.  I guess we can use these
>>workstations to replace our video recorders, but not for research.
  [stuff deleted]
>NeXTdimension's functionality and price is, I would say,
>unparalleled, even without RGB video in, and even without
>working JPEG chip, it is a great deal.

Well, i had heard that the JPEG chip wasn't working quite right yet,
but what's this about no RGB in?
According to Bruce Webster (in MacWorld jan 1991, p.163) the NextDimension
board does have RGB in.  Is it really there?
And is this product shipping yet?

--
Mike Sloderbeck,  FSU Department of Biological Science
sloderb@mailer.cc.fsu.edu