[comp.sys.next] multi-floppy backup

eht@cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) (04/24/91)

Thanks to all who replied.  The consensus is:

dump	(may work, but I didn't want to be backing up all the system files every
level 0 backup)

GNU tar (probably the one I'll choose)

new product offering RSN (real soon now) from Agog which does compression as
well as multifloppy.

..eric

cap+@cs.cmu.edu (Chris Paris) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr24.143143.18155@cs.cmu.edu> eht@cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) writes:
>new product offering RSN (real soon now) from Agog which does compression as
>well as multifloppy.

I did some work a while ago towards extending GNU tar to allow compression
while it's in its multivolume mode. More pressing things drove me away, but
I don't think the problem is very difficult, just a matter of someone
taking the time to do it. Hopefully this will happen soon. Long live
free software.

/cap