[comp.sys.next] Write only access to this news group??

robert@HUB.UCSB.EDU (Robert Patrick Thille) (04/26/91)

From: robert@nextoid.uucp
Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
Subject: Write only access to this news group??

Awhile ago someone posted an article stating that it was possible to
post to newsgroups just by sending to an address at
cis.ohio-state.edu.  Well, this is a test of that and a request for
info.  If this works, I'll have write only access to the group, since
every two weeks or so, my friend with news access mails me around
700k of news.

Is there any way that I can get on a mailing list to get sent news?
Or, does someone have a script that will cause one of the popular
mail readers to save all of the articles and then mail them off.  I
could have my friend put that in his login file and get the news more
regularly.

Thanks

Robert