[comp.sys.next] external floppy & Improv question

c299-af@volga.Berkeley.EDU (James C. Lee) (04/25/91)

Below is a list of manufacturers for external floppy drives that I have.
If you have better info or other manufacturer for external floppy drives,
could you mail me the name of the company, phone number, and email
address? In a few days I'll summarize so we all know where to get external
floppy drives!

Also, does anyone know if there's an educational discount for Lotus
Improv (now that the free offer is over)? Thanks

***** floppy drive list *****
Dayna Communications, Inc.
DaynaFile
External disk drive that lets NeXT Computers read and write to MS-DOS
and NeXT-formatted floppy disks.  801-531-0600

Floppy 2.9
External floppy that lest NeXT users read and write MS-DOS (720KB and
1.44 MB) disks, Mac (1.44MB) disks and (1.44 MB and 2.88MB) UNIX
disks. 505-662-1459

Pacific Micro
PM 1.44
External SCSI floppy disk drive for data transfer between NeXT
computers and both MS/DOS and Macintosh computers.

Peripheral Land, Inc
PLI SuperFloppy 2.8
External floppy that lest NeXT users read and write MS-DOS (720KB and
1.44 MB) disks and UNIX (1.44MB and 2.88MB) disks.
*****

James Lee
jclee@cory.berkeley.edu

mizo@sodium.Berkeley.EDU (Hideo Mizoguchi) (04/25/91)

Improv deal is not over yet. After receiving my delayed 040 upgrade last week
(I ordered it in November last year), I called NeXT's 800 number to ask if
I can get Improv for free. The lady I talked on the phone told me I need a
proof of order (not proof of purchase). Then I called The Scholar's Workstation
which is UC Berkeley's computer sales department. What I was told is that
NeXT extended the deadline (again!) to the end of May.

Hideo Mizoguchi
University of California at Berkeley

tjb@IceCube.unh.edu (Thomas J. Baker) (04/26/91)

In article <13041@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> mizo@sodium.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Hideo Mizoguchi) writes:
>Improv deal is not over yet. After receiving my delayed 040 upgrade last week
>(I ordered it in November last year), I called NeXT's 800 number to ask if
>I can get Improv for free. The lady I talked on the phone told me I need a
>proof of order (not proof of purchase). Then I called The Scholar's Workstation
>which is UC Berkeley's computer sales department. What I was told is that
>NeXT extended the deadline (again!) to the end of May.
>
>Hideo Mizoguchi
>University of California at Berkeley

Same situation for me, kind of...

I recently got my upgrade and when I called NeXT the lady said I had to send
in the card, I could not register over the phone.  The card didn't have any
date ordered field anywhere on it, just a NeXT serial number field and
address information.  In the comment field, I explained how I ordered in
Novermber and received in April.  It will be interesting to see if I get
the run around...

tjb

| INTERNET: tjb@IceCube.unh.edu             USPS:      Thomas Baker |
|   USENET: uunet!IceCube.unh.edu!tjb                  P.O. Box 213 |
|     NeXT: tjb@IceCube.unh.edu                    Durham, NH 03824 |
|    Voice: (603) 754-4987                                          |