[comp.sys.next] The NeXT movie StAR!

h5346866@rick.cs.ubc.ca (bradley don head) (04/17/91)

FYI, I'm not sure if this is old news, but last
night I was watching "FlatLiners" on video, and in
a scene where Keifer Sutherland enters his apartment
you could see none other than a NeXT and NeXTprinter
sitting on his desk.  Move over, Macintosh, the cameo
roles are now NeXT's! :^)
--
   /__   /    /  ___/                       Brad Head  <h5346866@rick.cs.ubc.ca>
     /  /____/  /__                               University of British Columbia

edwardj@microsoft.UUCP (Edward JUNG) (04/23/91)

h5346866@rick.cs.ubc.ca (bradley don head) writes:
>FYI, I'm not sure if this is old news, but last
>night I was watching "FlatLiners" on video, and in
>a scene where Keifer Sutherland enters his apartment
>you could see none other than a NeXT and NeXTprinter
>sitting on his desk.  Move over, Macintosh, the cameo
>roles are now NeXT's! :^)

Yeah; as I recall, though, the NeXT machine HAD
NO CABLES! It was a wireless NeXT machine! Or
perhaps just moderately expensive table art.

At least in the Paula Abdul video they had a
working machine...

Cool apartment, though.

Late night... just rambling.

--
Edward Jung
Microsoft Corp.

My opinions do not reflect any policy of my employer.

In article <72011@microsoft.UUCP> edwardj@microsoft.UUCP (Edward JUNG) writes:
>Yeah; as I recall, though, the NeXT machine HAD
>NO CABLES! It was a wireless NeXT machine! Or
>perhaps just moderately expensive table art.

It doesn't quite compare to the Macintosh manual showing someone
apparently contemplating the screen, the camera being positioned
so one can clearly see the power switch on the back of the
machine turned OFF.

Now THAT's a Mac classic.
(Another Classic moment in Mac history?)

					-=EPS=-

mitroo@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Varun Mitroo) (04/25/91)

In article <1509@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:

>It doesn't quite compare to the Macintosh manual showing someone
>apparently contemplating the screen, the camera being positioned
>so one can clearly see the power switch on the back of the
>machine turned OFF.
>
>Now THAT's a Mac classic.
>(Another Classic moment in Mac history?)

He was probably thinking "I should dump this crap box and buy a NeXT!" :-)

Varun
--
You are young, they are old Control is all they've got to give
Just live how you want to live Tiny things that make you slave

barry@pico.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr25.064642.3947@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> mitroo@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Varun Mitroo) writes:
>In article <1509@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>>
>>It doesn't quite compare to the Macintosh manual showing someone
>>apparently contemplating the screen, the camera being positioned
>>so one can clearly see the power switch on the back of the
>>machine turned OFF.
>
>He was probably thinking "I should dump this crap box and buy a NeXT!" :-)

He was probably thinking "Jeez, its not responding---it must be broken."

--
Barry Merriman
UCLA Dept. of Math

tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.090515.1572@math.ucla.edu> barry@pico.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman) writes:
>In article <1991Apr25.064642.3947@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> mitroo@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Varun Mitroo) writes:
>>In article <1509@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>>>
>>>It doesn't quite compare to the Macintosh manual showing someone
>>>apparently contemplating the screen, the camera being positioned
>>>so one can clearly see the power switch on the back of the
>>>machine turned OFF.
>>
>>He was probably thinking "I should dump this crap box and buy a NeXT!" :-)
>>

>He was probably thinking "Jeez, its not responding---it must be broken."

Actually, he probably just "shutdown", turned the machine off, and was still
looking at the box -- wondering why anyone would write a program like "puke"!!
:-)   :-)

Tyler