[comp.sys.next] Where is T?

simonse@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Kristine M. Simonsen) (04/26/91)

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions
concerning T  (I seem to remember T popping up once or twice here).

1)  Is T available by ftp for the NeXT, and if so, from where?
2)  Is T available by ftp for UNIX, and if so, from where?

				Thanks in advance,
					Kristine M. Simonsen

rob@lighthouse.com (Rob Kedoin) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.192737.18159@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> simonse@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Kristine M. Simonsen) writes:
> Hi.  I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions
> concerning T  (I seem to remember T popping up once or twice here).
>
> 1)  Is T available by ftp for the NeXT, and if so, from where?
> 2)  Is T available by ftp for UNIX, and if so, from where?
>
> 				Thanks in advance,
> 					Kristine M. Simonsen

Disclaimer:  I've never used T on any machine.

T seems to be available from Yale.  Sorry I can't be more specific,
but the README file that I have with the T source only says:

"This directory contains binaries and sources for T3.1.  Currently available
versions are for Dec3100(pmax), Sun4(sparc),Sun3, Vax/Unix, Encore, Hp
workstation, Apollo and Mac/Aux.
You need the binaries for your machine and tfix5.t and ofix5.t.  For machines
based on the 680x0 processor (Sun,Hp,Apollo,Mac) you must get m68fix.t as well
and modify tfix5.t to load this file in addition to ofix5.t.  The shell
variable TSYSTEM should be defined to be the directory containing these files.
You can compile the fix files if you want to. The online version of the T
manual is also here as well as release notes for T3.0 and T3.1.  For Sun and
Vax you may want foreign.tex which explains the C/Unix interface to T.
Send your e-mail address to t-project@cs.yale.edu so you can be informed
of fixes, new releases, etc.  Bug reports to t3-bugs@cs.yale.edu."

Also there is a T "window" program available from the Purdue Archives
written by John D. Ramsdell of the MITRE Corporation.

	Host: nova.cc.purdue.edu or sonata.cc.purdue.edu

I hope this helps you get started on your search.

Rob Kedoin		rob@lighthouse.com
Lighthouse Design, Ltd
6516 Western Avenue Chevy Chase, MD 20815

hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu (Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy)) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.192737.18159@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> simonse@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Kristine M. Simonsen) writes:

>>   Hi.  I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions
>>   concerning T  (I seem to remember T popping up once or twice here).
>>
>>   1)  Is T available by ftp for the NeXT, and if so, from where?
>>   2)  Is T available by ftp for UNIX, and if so, from where?

I seem to remember seeing it in the Scheme archives on
altdorf.ai.mit.edu; whether a specific NeXT version is around is
another question ... But MIT-Scheme now works on the NeXT.

Greetings,
Hardy
			  -------****-------
Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy);  Department of Physics, University of California
Irvine CA 92717; (714) 856 5543; hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu or MMAYER@UCI.BITNET

brm@neon.Stanford.EDU (Brian R. Murphy) (04/26/91)

Try ftp.ai.mit.edu in systems/t3.1
I believe that there is a NeXT-specific executable there.
(Not sure; I don't have a NeXT, since I'm rather leery of their
customer service & the lack of expandability of a slab).

					-Brian

drin@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Adrian Smith) (04/26/91)

hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu (Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy)) writes:

> In article <1991Apr25.192737.18159@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> simonse@silver.ucs
>
> >>   Hi.  I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions
> >>   concerning T  (I seem to remember T popping up once or twice here).
> >>
> >>   1)  Is T available by ftp for the NeXT, and if so, from where?
> >>   2)  Is T available by ftp for UNIX, and if so, from where?
> >>
> I seem to remember seeing it in the Scheme archives on
> altdorf.ai.mit.edu; whether a specific NeXT version is around is
> another question ... But MIT-Scheme now works on the NeXT.
>
> Greetings,
> Hardy
> Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy);  Department of Physics, University of California
> Irvine CA 92717; (714) 856 5543; hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu or MMAYER@UCI.BITNET

T is available (last time I was there) from wheaties.a1.mit.edu
(128.52.32.13).

-drin

Adrian Smith             ersys!drin@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982