[comp.sys.next] Nawk for the Next?

arunc@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Arun Chandra) (04/24/91)

does anyone know if nawk exists for the Next?

the version of awk that comes with it seems to be an older version,
without some of the useful functions that are part of nawk.

Thanks.

--
	Arun Chandra
	arunc@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us (Bob Peirce #305) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr23.224835.3126@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> arunc@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Arun Chandra) writes:
>does anyone know if nawk exists for the Next?
>
>the version of awk that comes with it seems to be an older version,
>without some of the useful functions that are part of nawk.

I got nawk from the Toolchest and it ported with no problems.
I don't know about the availablility of a binary version.
--
Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA        rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us         412-471-5320
venetia@investor.pgh.pa.us [NeXT Mail]     ...!uunet!pitt!investor!rbp [UUCP]

sef@kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr25.131810.28716@investor.pgh.pa.us> rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us (Bob Peirce #305) writes:
>In article <1991Apr23.224835.3126@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> arunc@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Arun Chandra) writes:
>>does anyone know if nawk exists for the Next?
>>the version of awk that comes with it seems to be an older version,
>>without some of the useful functions that are part of nawk.
>I got nawk from the Toolchest and it ported with no problems.
>I don't know about the availablility of a binary version.

Have you tried GNU awk?  It *should* port trivially, although I haven't had
the ability to try it (yet?).

sef@kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."