[net.auto] Anyone heard anything new about the Honda Accura?

ben@catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) (01/28/86)

Has anyone heard any news about the new line of cars Honda is supposed to
introduce sometime this year?  I had read a while back that it was going
to be early in the 1986 model year, but car magazines are notoriously
wrong in their speculation.  I am particularly interested in the new
luxury sedan they will co-produce with British Leyland.  Imagine--
a car with the luxury of a Jaguar and the reliability of a Honda.
Just hope they don't get that switched around :-).

Any news would be appreciated.

--

Ben Broder

Home:                                       Work:

..ihnp4!princeton!moncol!catnip!ben         ..ihnp4!princeton!moncol!ben
..vax135!petsd!moncol!catnip!ben            ..vax135!petsd!moncol!ben

rdz@ccice6.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) (01/31/86)

In article <133@catnip.UUCP>, ben@catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) writes:
> Has anyone heard any news about the new line of cars Honda is supposed to
> introduce sometime this year?  I had read a while back that it was going
> to be early in the 1986 model year, but car magazines are notoriously
> wrong in their speculation.  I am particularly interested in the new
> luxury sedan they will co-produce with British Leyland.  Imagine--

All I have heard is that it will be BIG (even by domestic standards)
and expensive ($20,000+).  It will be aimed at the Caddy/Lincoln/Mercedes
crowd.  Just think, the people that made American manufacturers shrink
all their offerings are now going to fill the void in the full size
ranks.  With that kind of smarts you have to wonder how they ever lost
the war :-)

citrin@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Wayne Citrin) (02/03/86)

In article <133@catnip.UUCP>, ben@catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) writes:
> Has anyone heard any news about the new line of cars Honda is supposed to
> introduce sometime this year?

I seem to remember that there was supposed to be a whole line of Acuras,
to be sold by a separate dealer network.  One that I remember reading about
was the Acura Integra, which I believe was/is supposed to be a hatchback
Prelude.  Is my memory correct?

Speaking of new car lines, one of the local dealers, who seems to have a
franchise for just about every car make known to man, is constructing a
building for his new Hyundai dealership.  When are these cars supposed to
arrive?

Wayne Citrin
(ucbvax!citrin)

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (02/03/86)

In article <418@ccice6.UUCP> rdz@ccice6.UUCP writes:
>In article <133@catnip.UUCP>, ben@catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) writes:
>> Has anyone heard any news about the new line of cars Honda is supposed to
>> introduce sometime this year?  I had read a while back that it was going
>> to be early in the 1986 model year, but car magazines are notoriously
>> wrong in their speculation.  I am particularly interested in the new
>> luxury sedan they will co-produce with British Leyland.  Imagine--
>
>All I have heard is that it will be BIG (even by domestic standards)
>and expensive ($20,000+).

You must be thinking of the Acura Legend.  The Integra is the less-expensive
model, targeted for the ~13k range.

The Legend, of course, is their Bimmer-killer, priced about 20k, 2 liter
standard with a 2.5L 24-valve 6 (~150hp) optional.  Somebody reviewed one
recently; only complaint was absolute brake fade despite 4-wheel discs.

-dave
--
David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department
<disclaimer>	University of Maryland,  College Park, MD 20742