[comp.sys.next] Wren IV cache

dwboyce@acsu.buffalo.edu (Doug Boyce) (04/27/91)

In article <0c6k02Mm07.E01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> kls30@DUTS.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L. Shephard) writes:
:In article <1963@umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu> acarlson@laurel.math.umass.edu (Adam Carlson) writes:
::In article <25883@hydra.gatech.EDU> ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:
:::The Wren IV has a 32K cache on the controller.  The default is for this
:::cache to be off. ... run Roy Neese's SCSICNTL.EXE to turn
:::the cache on.  I don't know of any other way to do this...

::Does anyone know how else this can be done, I am running SunOS 4.1 on
::a Sun 3/80 and can't run a .exe file (which I assume is a MS-DOS program)

:I would like to know also. I have a WREN IV on a NeXT and would like to
:turn the cache in my HD on.

There was NeXT specific source code posted a while back. Anybody remember
off the top of their head.

--
Doug Boyce    dwboyce@acsu.buffalo.edu

"Speedballs are interesting if you aren't the cannoneer doing the running."
"Where's that Lotto ticket, I want a NeXT NoW!"

pvo@sapphire.OCE.ORST.EDU (Paul O'Neill) (04/29/91)

In article <73406@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> dwboyce@acsu.buffalo.edu (Doug Boyce) writes:
>::In article <25883@hydra.gatech.EDU> ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:
>
>:I would like to know also. I have a WREN IV on a NeXT and would like to
>:turn the cache in my HD on.
>
>There was NeXT specific source code posted a while back. Anybody remember
>off the top of their head.

cs.orst.edu: ~ftp/pub/next/documents/WrenV_cache.tar.Z

Paul O'Neill--Coastal Imaging Lab	pvo@oce.orst.edu	DoD 000006
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY
OCEANOGRAPHY ADMIN BLDG 104
CORVALLIS OR 97331-5503			503-737-3251

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr29.002715.18568@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> pvo@sapphire.OCE.ORST.EDU (Paul O'Neill) writes:
>In article <73406@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> dwboyce@acsu.buffalo.edu (Doug Boyce) writes:
>>::In article <25883@hydra.gatech.EDU> ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:
>>
>>:I would like to know also. I have a WREN IV on a NeXT and would like to
>>:turn the cache in my HD on.
>>
>>There was NeXT specific source code posted a while back. Anybody remember
>>off the top of their head.
>>

>cs.orst.edu: ~ftp/pub/next/documents/WrenV_cache.tar.Z

Now if someone would mail it to me.  I can't FTP.

>Paul O'Neill--Coastal Imaging Lab	pvo@oce.orst.edu	DoD 000006
>OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY
>OCEANOGRAPHY ADMIN BLDG 104
>CORVALLIS OR 97331-5503			503-737-3251

--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */