[comp.sys.next] Upgrading Pizza Boxes...

shahryar@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu (Persian Nightmare) (05/02/91)

Dear all,

	I have a question about Pizza Box NeXT's.  If I was to purchase
one and I wanted to upgrade the OS to a newer version, what is the
best or only way of doing it??  As I see it 150 3.5" disks is not my
idea of upgrading :-).

Shahryar

--
'The greatest of evils and the worst of crimes is poverty.'
George Bernard Shaw--"Major Barbara"

39clocks@violet.berkeley.edu (Peter Marinac;;;4159743128;KL75) (05/02/91)

In article <1991May1.202058.23966@csus.edu> shahryar@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu (Persian Nightmare) writes:
>Dear all,
>
>	I have a question about Pizza Box NeXT's.  If I was to purchase
>one and I wanted to upgrade the OS to a newer version, what is the
>best or only way of doing it??  As I see it 150 3.5" disks is not my
>idea of upgrading :-).

My guess is that you will be gently forced into buying a CD-ROM.
The cost of a CD-ROM player is a bit high but NeXT will probably provide
some form of incentive for buying the CD-ROM version of the upgrade.

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (05/02/91)

In article <1991May2.063909.21725@agate.berkeley.edu> 39clocks@violet.berkeley.edu (Peter Marinac;;;4159743128;KL75) writes:

   My guess is that you will be gently forced into buying a CD-ROM.
   The cost of a CD-ROM player is a bit high but NeXT will probably provide
   some form of incentive for buying the CD-ROM version of the upgrade.

20MB floppies should be hitting the market anytime now.  Users of
*all* brands of computers are going to jump on these, thus driving the
prices down in a relatively short period of time.

-Mike