[comp.sys.next] Any 3D standards

bcorrie@csr (Brian Corrie) (04/30/91)

I was wondering if anyone knows details on 3D programming systems such
as Phigs on the NeXT. How about 3D modelling software, rendering, etc.

Thanks in advance,

p.s. I did see the RenderMan articles. Any other info????

--
                  Brian Corrie (bcorrie@csr.uvic.ca)
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature,

adonis1@nwnexus.WA.COM (Adonis Corporation ) (05/03/91)

In article <bcorrie.673030245@csr> bcorrie@csr (Brian  Corrie) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone knows details on 3D programming systems such
>as Phigs on the NeXT. How about 3D modelling software, rendering, etc.

I have written a set of objects which do 3D graphics.  They support
heirarchical modelling, multiple renderers per scene, and a View3D object
you can place in window using Interface Builder.  Of course it gives
you object-oriented graphics.  The API is based more-or-less on the
2nd edition of Foley and VanDamm, which is a subset of PHIGS.

You can plug any kinds of renderers you want into it.  I have only had time
to write a wire-frame renderer.

The system isn't polished, isn't documented, and I won't have time to do
more work on it unless someone wants to pay me.  Hint hint.  Let me know
if you're interested.

Doug Kent
Independent NeXT Developer
adonis1@nwnexus.wa.com