[comp.sys.next] gdb question

cc@capmkt.COM (Charlie Conklin) (05/03/91)

Has anybody run into this or got an explanation for this behavior? I cannot
seem to find anything regarding it in the online manuals. This showed up
first in a project that I was working on, so I tried one of the programs
in "Examples" to verify the behavior.

Using the code in Examples/CalculatorLab++, when compiled with make debug,
when I gdb the resulting go.debug I get the following:

(gdb) info selectors Keys
All selectors matching Keys:
mapped selector #7 = operationKeys:
...defined by: "SimpleCalc"
mapped selector #18 = freeKeys:values:
...defined by: "HashTable"
mapped selector #67417363 = acceptArrowKeys:
...defined by: "NXBrowser"
mapped selector #67407585 = textDidGetKeys:isEmpty:
...defined by: "FontPanel" "Matrix" "NXFaxPanel" "SavePanel" "TextField"
mapped selector #11 = numberKeys:
...defined by: "SimpleCalc"
(gdb) b operationKeys
Function or Selector operationKeys not found.
(gdb)

What I do not understand is why I can "see" the selector
(defined in SimpleCalc.m) operationKeys, but cannot seem to set a
breakpoint on it. Yet I can successfully set a breakpoint on a section
of code contained in the method definition of operationKeys!

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

					Charlie Conklin
					cc@capmkt.com

rselph@uunet.uu.net (Russell Selph) (05/06/91)

In article <614@capmkt.COM> cc@capmkt.COM (Charlie Conklin) writes:
>  [stuff deleted]
> Using the code in Examples/CalculatorLab++, when compiled with make debug,
> when I gdb the resulting go.debug I get the following:
>
> (gdb) info selectors Keys
> All selectors matching Keys:
> mapped selector #7 = operationKeys:
>  [more stuff deleted]
> (gdb) b operationKeys
> Function or Selector operationKeys not found.
> (gdb)
>
> What I do not understand is why I can "see" the selector
> (defined in SimpleCalc.m) operationKeys, but cannot seem to set a
> breakpoint on it. Yet I can successfully set a breakpoint on a section
> of code contained in the method definition of operationKeys!
>
> Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
>
> 					Charlie Conklin
> 					cc@capmkt.com

The full name of a selector includes the ':' at the end.  Try using
(gdb) b operationKeys:

--
|       Russell Selph         |