[comp.sys.next] Erica sighted alive and well...

jpm@lanl.gov (James P Mcgee) (05/04/91)

Erica Liebman (editor of NUG) was seen at CHI'91 this week.  When
questioned about the existance of NUG 13 (and 14), the answer
was "RSN" (for those of you who don't read Jerry Pournelles columns,
that means Real Soon Now, sometimes a synonym for "maybe this century",
sometimes a synonym for "I'm working as hard as I can".)
It seems that, as a Doctoral candidate, she is required to write
a proposal for her dissertation.  As this is the real work, not the
hobby, it is taking precedence.  (I'm a grad student myself, please
don't interpret my remarks a criticism of Erica.  Some things are
important.  Like graduating.  Sometimes the rest of the world
just has to wait a while.)

Erica organized a BOF session for NeXT users.  We discussed some
things that NeXT and others could do to make the machine a
success.  A good time was had by some.  There may be a report
on this meeeting in a future NUG.  And then again, there may not.

Pat McGee, jpm@lanl.gov

lmann@vineland.pubs.stratus.com (Laurie Mann) (05/06/91)

In article <23169@lanl.gov> jpm@lanl.gov (James P Mcgee) writes:
> When questioned about the existance of NUG 13 (and 14), the answer
> was "RSN" (for those of you who don't read Jerry Pournelles columns,
> that means Real Soon Now, sometimes a synonym for "maybe this century",
> sometimes a synonym for "I'm working as hard as I can".)

RSN can ALSO mean "I may never had the TIME to work on it,
but I haven't completely" OR "I really want to blow this off,
but I can't completely so I'll do it REAL SOON NOW."

<>[The principle of] legal subordination of one sex to the
<>other--is wrong in itself...it ought to be replaced by a
<>principle of perfect equality, admitting no power or
<>privilege on the one side, nor disability on the other.
<>The Subjection of Women (1869), John Stuart Mill

***     NeXT mail:  lmann@vineland.pubs.stratus.com     ***
* Laurie_Mann@vos.stratus.com * lmann%jjmhome@m2c.m2c.org *