[comp.sys.next] AutoCAD and CAD in general.

bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) (05/07/91)

Does anyone know a way to get a CAD file from AutoCad on to the
NeXT, so as to be able to manipulate it in a meaningful way? All I would
like to do is to take an Autocad file into the NeXT and
twiddle it then print it. Nothing more. Suggestions?

Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
email: bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu bill@wiscpsl.bitnet   /  (608)-873-6651

icsu8053@nero.cs.montana.edu (Craig Pratt) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May7.023731.4901@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu> bill@psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) writes:
>Does anyone know a way to get a CAD file from AutoCad on to the
>NeXT, so as to be able to manipulate it in a meaningful way? All I would
>like to do is to take an Autocad file into the NeXT and
>twiddle it then print it. Nothing more. Suggestions?
>--

>Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
>email: bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu bill@wiscpsl.bitnet   /  (608)-873-6651

You can set the plotter configuration in AutoCAD for PostScript and have
it write the plot to a file.  Basically, it just outputs the drawing as
a bunch of lines and, perhaps, arcs.

But, are there any PD or shareware programs which allow you to graphically
edit a raw PS file on the NeXT?

--
 Craig Pratt                                           icsu8053@cs.montana.edu
 Montana State University, Bozeman MT        Craig.Pratt@msu3.oscs.montana.edu