[comp.sys.next] Ray Tracing

timbur@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Tim Burnett) (05/09/91)

I just finished a port of Craig E. Kolb's rayshade program. I plan to add
a NeXT front end to it, but if anyone's interested in the cli version, let me
know. BTW, there wasn't that much to the port, just getting the Utah's rle
libraries working and a few things.

Included in the distribution is a nff2shade awk script and in the rle conversions there are files for rle to postscript, and rle to gif. There is a also
a place to build a rle to tiff converter, however, I couldn't find the tiffio.h
and a tiff library on the Next to use for it.

Matthew Huff                       | Internet: timbur@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) (05/10/91)

In <48680@ut-emx.uucp> timbur@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Tim Burnett) writes:

>I just finished a port of Craig E. Kolb's rayshade program. I plan to add
>a NeXT front end to it, but if anyone's interested in the cli version, let me
>know. BTW, there wasn't that much to the port, just getting the Utah's rle
>libraries working and a few things.
>
>Included in the distribution is a nff2shade awk script and in the rle conversions there are files for rle to postscript, and rle to gif. There is a also
>a place to build a rle to tiff converter, however, I couldn't find the tiffio.h
>and a tiff library on the Next to use for it.

>Matthew Huff                       | Internet: timbur@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
>                                   |      CIS: 73737,1150
>                                   |    Alink: TLTG.DEV

Is the distribution on the usual NeXT FTP sites?  If not, where can I find
it?

Jeff
--
jeffo@uiuc.edu