[comp.sys.next] Monitor Speaker

zimmer@calvin.stanford.edu (Andrew Zimmerman) (05/12/91)

Is there any way to turn off the monitor's internal speaker?  It seemed to
still be on even when I hooked up a set of headphones and when I hooked
up external speakers (via the RCA plugs).  There didn't seem to be much about
the internal speaker in the User's Reference or any of the other manuals that
come with the system.

Thanks for any help,
Andrew
zimmer@calvin.Stanford.EDU

In article <1991May11.233040.13271@neon.Stanford.EDU> zimmer@calvin.stanford.edu (Andrew Zimmerman) writes:
>Is there any way to turn off the monitor's internal speaker?  It seemed to
>still be on even when I hooked up a set of headphones and when I hooked
>up external speakers (via the RCA plugs).  There didn't seem to be much about
>the internal speaker in the User's Reference or any of the other manuals that
>come with the system.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Andrew
>zimmer@calvin.Stanford.EDU

Once again I find the answer 5 minutes after posting (Sorry).  Mute turns off
the speaker in the display without affecting either the headset or line-out
jacks.  (See page 22 of the manual)

        Internal
        Speaker    Line-out   Headset
Mute    On/Off     No Effect  No Effect