[net.auto] driving impressions : Mustang GT

vuser@druhi.UUCP (GerardenC) (02/13/86)

MY reply to: GTI  (how gross and disgusting)

>From: gti@ihlpm.UUCP (Phelps)
>Subject: Re: first impressions: mustang GT

I can see by you your login that trying to explain anything will be futile.
If there ever was a fanatic , you are it, nice login. I bet your password
is g0lf or rabb1t and your electronic banking password is bunny.

>Get yor facts straight..or don't say anything. First off, who in the
>hell ever said a GTI was a sports car to you. I bet you made this
>up. If you would calm down you would realize it is actually a sports
>hatchback...nothing less and much more. You then complain about how
>the car handles. Ever see how a 'STANG plows off at corner 5 at Road
>America consistently? Shame, shame on a rear drive car!

Who even says the word SPORT should be used when talking about VW's
what makes a car "sporty" , By VW standards, a TV commercial.

>I'm not trying to cause bad feelings. But you people who put
>someone down for the priorities of owning a particular car are
>infantile. If you want to profile, buy a Mustang...want
>understatedness? Get a GTI.

OH? well just look at the last line of your posting, taking a dump
all over a friends R5. You probably have never seen one, much less
know what one is. It will tear up almost any street car I have been in,
including my lotus, a friends 911sc, and most muscle cars.

>You then say how you can not drift a GTI...You obviously don't know
>about LEFT FOOT BRAKING to do this...The Mustang driver would
>benefit from this procedure as well. AGAIN>>>KNOW BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

Is this the technique by which you are inserting you LEFT FOOT into
your MOUTH?

I assume you mean trail braking , This is the PROFESSIONAL term used
when you attempt to transfer weight to the front of an understeering
car. the only effective means of turning the rabbit and its offspring
(I have found)
is using the hand brake to increase the slip angle of the rear tires
thus causing it to oversteer a bit.

>> I love their new commercial, GTI's jumping over hills and bouncing all
>> over the highway. This must be the natural state of the GTI , wheels
>> in the air. It seems VW of america concurs.
>>
>Hey...This is typical of most cars with McPhereson strut front
>suspension and a front wieght bias. Dont criticize without being in
>the know about what your complaining about.

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA
I can't even say anything, you obviously have not seen the commercial
I am talking about.

How is that British Quality anyways...Still start in winter like my
GTI does? What mag. do you read anyways...Popular Science?

British Quality stinks , but the fun, performance, and thrill of driving
a mid-engined, wedge shaped, road sucker on twisted mountain roads far
outweighs the thrills of driving brick shaped, sohc, family sedans
like the rabbit and offspring.

I would never drive a british car in the winter, you see I know how
to take care of my vehicles, I know what the purpose of a sports
car is. You can't have it all in one car , especially a VW.

I read and generally trust Autoweek, as being a reliable source of
unbiased information.( No I don't want to hear about GTI road reports
from all you VW nuts.)

>Does his R5 corner on it's door handles like all French Crap?
Tell me what do you think of American cars ?
Do you know where VW's are made?

chuck gerarden
ihnp4!drutx!druhi!vuser