[comp.sys.next] Error message 1002: what is it?

pyrros@cis.udel.edu (Christos Pyrros) (05/13/91)

For those of you priveledged (sp?) enough to have real documentation, could you
please tell me what internal error #1002 from the Workspace is?  I have
an 8/105 slab running 2.0 and the error occurred while I was printing a
file from Word Perfect (v.3/18/91) and simultanesouly running kermit in a
shell window.  I continued 'at my own risk' as the dialog box said; then
the windows disappeared one by one and I was logged out.  :-(

Thanks for your help...

Chris

king (Peter King) (05/14/91)

In article <53422@nigel.ee.udel.edu> pyrros@cis.udel.edu (Christos Pyrros)
writes:
> For those of you priveledged (sp?) enough to have real documentation, could
you
> please tell me what internal error #1002 from the Workspace is?  I have
> an 8/105 slab running 2.0 and the error occurred while I was printing a
> file from Word Perfect (v.3/18/91) and simultanesouly running kermit in a
> shell window.  I continued 'at my own risk' as the dialog box said; then
> the windows disappeared one by one and I was logged out.  :-(
>
> Thanks for your help...
>
> Chris

Internal error #1002 means that Workspace Manager got an error back from the
Window Server.  1002 is the error for "dps_resultTagCheck".  I found this by
looking in the include files.  Anything that causes an error like this would
most likely be a bug in either Workspace Manager or the Window Server.

If this happens again, or you find a reliable way to repeat the problem, please
send mail to bug_next@next.com.

Peter

----------Disclaimers?  No such thing.  Everything's the truth----------
Peter F. King	Developer Trainer	NeXT Computer, Inc.
USPS:		900 Chesapeake Dr.	Redwood City, CA  94063
Internet:	Peter_King@NeXT.COM