[comp.sys.next] CIE-based color spaces

cfcgf@ux1.cts.eiu.edu (Chuck Fleming) (05/17/91)

Are the CIE-based color spaces available on the NeXT?  I've
tried the following code from the Postscript Language
Reference Manual 2nd Ed.

[/CIEBasedABC <<
   /RangeABC [0 0.9505 0 1 0 1.0890]
   /RangeLMN [0 0.9505 0 1 0 1.0890]
   /WhitePoint [0.9505 1 1.0890]
>>]setcolorspace

The result is  %%[Error:syntaxerror;OffendingCommand:<]%%

Thanks for any info.
chuck

aozer@next.com (Ali Ozer) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May16.235012.17580@ux1.cts.eiu.edu> Chuck Fleming writes:
>Are the CIE-based color spaces available on the NeXT?   I've tried the
>following code from the Postscript Language Reference Manual 2nd Ed.  ...

Color spaces (like most of the new stuff in the 2nd ed "Red" book) is
a PostScript Level II feature.  NeXTstep 2.x does not run PostScript
Level II (I don't think any platform does, yet); thus CIE-based color
spaces are not available.

However, you will find some of the Level II features on the NeXT, as a
lot of Display PostScript (which is what runs on the NeXT) was
incorporated into Level II.

Ali, Ali_Ozer@NeXT.com