In article <1991May17.183823.4912@engin.umich.edu> gisli@caen.engin.umich.edu (Gisli Ottarsson) writes:

   From: gisli@caen.engin.umich.edu (Gisli Ottarsson)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
   Date: 17 May 91 18:38:23 GMT

   Could anyone tell me how to compile gnuplot on a NeXT?

   I have a NeXTstation B/W with 2.0 extended.

   Shouldn't there be some kind of plotting library on the NeXT?
   The default settings in the gnuplot Makefile call for the file
   libplot.a which does not exist on my NeXT, even though the NeXT
   documentation seems to allude to it.  I have found libplot.a on
   every other UNIX machine I could get my hands on.  Should the
   NeXT have one?

   If someone has successfully compiled gnuplot for the NeXT could
   he/she fill me in and possibly send me a Makefile with appropriate
   settings?

				Thanks

				    Gisli

I posted gnuplot to sonata.cc.purdue.edu as gnuplot-NeXT.tar.Z
It is still in the submissions directory.

NOTE: There are sone 3-D extensions to gnuplot that i got working on the
NeXT, that i will post some time. It includes contour and surface plots.

Anyone interested in putting a NeXTstep front end on gnuplot?

    Internet:      simmons@rigel.neep.wisc.edu
    Othernet:      simmons@hoofers.lake.mendota
According to the HitchHikers guide to the galaxy, the one thing we
 *cannot* afford to have is a sense of perspective.