[comp.sys.next] Looching?

jalkio@cc.helsinki.fi (05/19/91)

I wonder where I can get this program called "Looching". Is it included
in OS2.0 extented (I currently only have the stantard).

		Jouni Alkio, Helsinki, Finland
		FiNUG manager

garton@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Bradford Garton) (05/20/91)

In article <1991May19.175539.1@cc.helsinki.fi> jalkio@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>I wonder where I can get this program called "Looching". Is it included
>in OS2.0 extented (I currently only have the stantard).

You can grab it from the Purdue or Oregon ftp sites -- but be warned that it
doesn't run too well under 2.0.  I just ordered my 040/2.0 upgrade
last week, so look for a smooth port of those soothing sounds soon!  Plus I'm
starting to hack on a new one -- "chaosakitty"

Brad Garton
Music Dept.
Columbia University
brad@woof.columbia.edu

jalkio@cc.helsinki.fi (05/21/91)

In article <1991May20.133803.11285@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, garton@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Bradford Garton) writes:
> In article <1991May19.175539.1@cc.helsinki.fi> jalkio@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>>I wonder where I can get this program called "Looching". Is it included
>>in OS2.0 extented (I currently only have the stantard).
>
> You can grab it from the Purdue or Oregon ftp sites -- but be warned that it
> doesn't run too well under 2.0.  I just ordered my 040/2.0 upgrade
> last week, so look for a smooth port of those soothing sounds soon!  Plus I'm
> starting to hack on a new one -- "chaosakitty"
>
> Brad Garton

Actually, it works all right with 2.0! I didn't have the C compiler (no
extented release yet anywhere in Finland!) but some kind soul sent me
the compiled version.

There are some "snaps" sometimes, though. Is this the reason you said it
doesn't work too well under 2.0? Anyway, a nice program alltogether! I
am eagerly waiting for the Chaosakitty :-)

		Greetings, Jouni Alkio