[net.followup] mod.sources

pnv@homxa.UUCP (P.VERMA) (10/21/85)

>As moderator of mod.sources, I must say that I have not seen any such
>posting, and am not holding up distribution.
>
>If I intend to hold up any distribution for any reason, I send my reasons
>to the original author.  Otherwise,  I normally will not hold postings
>up for more than a day or two - even if I have to do it at midnight.
>The usual reason for a delay is that sources are queued up - I try not to
>flood the net with too many articles at once.

Is this another way os aying that the articles are not posted immediately,
and are (pardon the term) held up?

In article <1146@homxa.UUCP> pnv@homxa.UUCP (P.VERMA) writes:
>Is this another way os aying that the articles are not posted immediately,
>and are (pardon the term) held up?

The reason for having 'mod' newsgroups is to let someone check the
unimpeded flow of drivel into a newsgroup.  He has to hold it up
as long as he (or she, chris) needs to, to read the incoming traffic
and let only reasonable messages on the net at a reasonable rate.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}