[comp.sys.next] Phone and Address for Fast Access

anne@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Anneliese Lilje) (05/14/91)

Hi...

thanks for the replys concerning good quality external drives
for the NeXT's...sounds like there are some good and bad stories
out there!!!

Now...many of you recommended the FUJITSU 2263SA...and to order
it from FAST ACCESS in Hammond, Illinois...

well I called directory assistance for Hammond and they
have never heard of the company...what gives??? Is this a
mail order place????

anne

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May13.184659.1445@nntp-server.caltech.edu> anne@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Anneliese Lilje) writes:

>it from FAST ACCESS in Hammond, Illinois...
>
>well I called directory assistance for Hammond and they
>have never heard of the company...what gives??? Is this a
>mail order place????

Fast Access is in Elmhurst, IL.  Their phone # is 708 530 7749.
Try to talk to Mal Steadman.  He handled my order, and other
NeXT owners.  I got a Fujitsu M2263SA for $1413 + UPS shipping.

You might want to get M226_SB if you are buying Fujitsu, which
has 1024bytes/sector preformatting, if you can.  If they don't
have _SB, then _SA version with 512bytes/sector is OK.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May13.233611.24046@agate.berkeley.edu> izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) writes:

>Fast Access is in Elmhurst, IL.  Their phone # is 708 530 7749.
>Try to talk to Mal Steadman.  He handled my order, and other
>NeXT owners.  I got a Fujitsu M2263SA for $1413 + UPS shipping.

Just to add a data point; I have had a Fujutsu M2263SA, enclosure and
cable ordered from Fast Access for around 5 weeks.  I'm getting a
disturbing "We expect to have more drives in stock in two weeks"
explanation every time that I call to inquire.  Luckily, my order was
placed COD.

If you're in a hurry, you might look elsewhere.  If anyone knows of an
alternate source of M2263SA drives for a resonable price, I'd be very
interested in finding out.

louie

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.195006.16661@ni.umd.edu> I write:

>Just to add a data point; I have had a Fujutsu M2263SA, enclosure and
>cable ordered from Fast Access for around 5 weeks.  I'm getting a
>disturbing "We expect to have more drives in stock in two weeks"
>explanation every time that I call to inquire.  Luckily, my order was
>placed COD.

Due to some weird psychic connection caused by my posting earlier
today, I found a note stuck to my door that indicated that UPS tried
to deliver my drive!  Hopefully I will catch up with UPS tomorrow and
I'll have 600 more megabytes very soon.

louie

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (05/23/91)

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) writes:
>izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) writes:

>>Fast Access is in Elmhurst, IL.

>I have had a Fujutsu M2263SA, enclosure and
>cable ordered from Fast Access for around 5 weeks.

>If you're in a hurry, you might look elsewhere.

I ordered an M2263SA on a Thursday, and it arrived in Hawaii the following
Tuesday.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu

ymok@dec5200.acs.uci.edu (Yung Mok) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May22.195006.16661@ni.umd.edu>, louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) writes:
|> In article <1991May13.233611.24046@agate.berkeley.edu> izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) writes:
|>
|> >Fast Access is in Elmhurst, IL.  Their phone # is 708 530 7749.
|> >Try to talk to Mal Steadman.  He handled my order, and other
|> >NeXT owners.  I got a Fujitsu M2263SA for $1413 + UPS shipping.
|>
|> Just to add a data point; I have had a Fujutsu M2263SA, enclosure and
|> cable ordered from Fast Access for around 5 weeks.  I'm getting a
|> disturbing "We expect to have more drives in stock in two weeks"
|> explanation every time that I call to inquire.  Luckily, my order was
|> placed COD.
|>
|> If you're in a hurry, you might look elsewhere.  If anyone knows of an
|> alternate source of M2263SA drives for a resonable price, I'd be very
|> interested in finding out.
|>
|> louie

Try  R-Squared  1-800-234-3478.  I believe they are in Colardo.  We
bought a Fujitsu disk for our Silicon Graphics workstation through
their local office at Irvine, CA.  The price quoted may not be as
low, but they shipped promptly.       YM