[comp.sys.next] NeXT Bible

reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) (02/07/91)

slfields@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Scott L Fields) writes:
>Anyone familiar with a book called the NeXT Bible? I have a friend interested
>in it and am curious myself to see how good it may be and where to find it.
>My friend saw it once on the bookshelfs at stores and has not seen it since
>(in the Washington DC area). I would appreciate any replies. Thanks
>
>--
>Scott Fields	slfields@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu		University of Oklahoma

Doug Clapp wrote the Next Bible, which is a Brady book and is still in print.
(I'm a friend of Doug's, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.) I
would recommend it; Doug is a good writer and very good at explaining some of
the philosophies of the Next, in addition to the procedures.

I don't believe Doug is on the net, though; I will tell him to get his butt in
here!

--KR

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!reichard
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!reichard@nosc.mil
INET: reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org

cmaz514@ut-emx.uucp (Raghu Ramachandran) (05/24/91)

Can anyone tell me where the online version of NeXT bible is kept.

Thanks
Raghu

swede (Jim Mynatt) (05/24/91)

In article <49440@ut-emx.uucp> cmaz514@ut-emx.uucp (Raghu Ramachandran) writes:
  > Can anyone tell me where the online version of NeXT bible is kept.
  >
  > Thanks
  > Raghu

-I tried sending you mail at the above address, noluck.  If you have a site to
receive NeXT mail, I can send you a NeXT Bible set up for DL with icons and
index and Bible formatting.  The Bible was formatted by Dr. Warlick, and I did
the Icons.
	I also have the constitution and declaration of independence if you
want.
	jim
James L. Mynatt		Systems Engineer	NeXT Computer, Inc.
USPS:		Echelon IV, Suite 400
		9430 Research Blvd.
		Austin, Tx. 78759
Internet: Jim_Mynatt@NeXT.COM