[comp.sys.next] /etc/netgroup

hakimian@tek4.eecs.wsu.edu (Karl Hakimian - staff) (05/25/91)

I am setting up several NeXT machines. Since I also am managing several
machines from other vendors, I am setting up the NeXT's to be as close to
"standard unix" as possible. This means that I am using yellow pages and not
netinfo to keep track of user and host related things.

The problem that I have is that the NeXT seems to be ignoring the netgroup
information from yellow pages. My netgroup file defines a list of machines,
that list has the groupname eecs. In the /etc/exports file I have the line
/Users	access=eecs
I have run /usr/etc/exportfs, and I have rebooted. None of the machines listed
in the group eecs can mount /Users from the NeXT.

I have searched through NeXT answers and through the manuals. What am I
missing? This setup works on all of our other systems.

Thanks.

--
Karl Hakimian
hakimian@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu

In article <1991May24.212043.10309@serval.net.wsu.edu>
	hakimian@tek4.eecs.wsu.edu (Karl Hakimian - staff) writes:
>I have searched through NeXT answers and through the manuals. What am I
>missing?

You haven't read NeXT's man pages netgroup(5) and netinfo(5).

					-=EPS=-