[comp.sys.next] What is the name of that non-Cox Obj-C book?

jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) (05/26/91)

What's the name of that non-Cox Obj-C book?  I thought I saw someone say
something about a book that would concentrate on the NeXT Objective-C
(or something like that, perhaps just all the examples are geared toward
a NeXT), what is the name of that book and is it available yet?

Jeff
--
jeffo@uiuc.edu

dcarpent@sjuphil.uucp (D. Carpenter) (05/26/91)

In article <jeffo.675211089@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu> jeffo@uiuc.edu writes:
>What's the name of that non-Cox Obj-C book?  I thought I saw someone say
>something about a book that would concentrate on the NeXT Objective-C
>(or something like that, perhaps just all the examples are geared toward
>a NeXT), what is the name of that book and is it available yet?
>
>Jeff
>--
>jeffo@uiuc.edu

_Objective C:  Object Oriented Programming Techniques_  by Pinson
and Wiener (Addison-Wesley) was supposed to be published by May 15,
but my bookstore tells me that things are messed up at Addison-Wesley
right now, and that the release date has been changed to mid-summer,
July 15 or so.  People have also mentioned _An Introduction to
Object-Oriented Programming_ by Timothy Budd (Addison-Wesley, 1991).
This is available now (I picked up a copy this week).  It is a
general introduction, but includes examples in Objective C as well
as C++, Smalltalk, and Object Pascal.

David Carpenter            dcarpent@sjuphil.UUCP
St. Joseph's University    dcarpent@sjuphil.sju.edu
Philadelphia, PA  19131