[comp.sys.next] Monochrome monitor focus and brightness problems

jeffa@janderholm.lotus.com (Jeff Anderholm) (05/25/91)

Has anyone had problems with their monochrome monitors going out of focus over
time.  I've had mine since Spring 89 and now I swear it's less crisp and less
bright...(could be old age - mine!)

robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.170813.11417@lotus.com> jeffa@janderholm.lotus.com writes:
>Has anyone had problems with their monochrome monitors going out of focus over
>time.

Yes - absolutely. That has happened to several of our MegaPixels. I don't
know how to adjust them. We lease from (Goint-Out-Of-)BusinessLand, and
their techs are not allowed by NeXT to make adjustments! They just replace
the whole monitor, when they can find one!

Several users didn't realize their monitor was getting worse - they just
squinted more and wondered about their glasses perscriptions. If you
can compare yours against a new monitor, you can see if it has slipped.

I have not seen a loss of brightness among our monitors.

--
* Rob Weinberg, graphics & publishing ***** Does a falling tree make a sound *
*  {uunet,pyramid}!infmx!robertw      *****   if  1: no one hears it         *

piak@sics.se (Per Kreuger) (05/28/91)

Yes, the screen I have in front of me is hardly legible anymore. Its about a
year old.  If this is a general problem perhaps NeXt should be told!

--
Per Kreuger
SICS, PO Box 1263, S-164 28 KISTA, SWEDEN