[comp.sys.next] How to you set a breakpoint to catch postscript errors

leivian@axon.sps.mot.com (Bob Leivian) (05/30/91)

I am getting errors from the DPS client ... offending command blah
is printed into my terminal window but the program exits before telling
me which of the two hundred PSlineto commands in my code that
could have caused the problem.

I set a break point at 'exit' but the call stack has already been cleared
(problably by a longjmp or something)
and all I get is the DPS exection handler called from application 'run'

It would be real nice to know which of the 60,000 lines of user code
caused the problem. Is there a place to intercept DPS client errors
while the user call stack is still intact?

--Bob L
--
Bob Leivian				leivian@email.pcrl.sps.mot.com
Neural Network Development Group	(602) 897-5117

moose (Michael Rutman) (05/31/91)

In article <1011@nddsun1.sps.mot.com> leivian@axon.sps.mot.com (Bob Leivian)
writes:
> I am getting errors from the DPS client ... offending command blah
> is printed into my terminal window but the program exits before telling
> me which of the two hundred PSlineto commands in my code that
> could have caused the problem.

Run the program using -NXShowPS YES >largepsoutput
Then, using DisplayTalk from Adobe, step through the file largepsoutput until
you find your error.
--
Michael Rutman				|	moose@svc.portal.com
Cubist					|	makes me a NeXT programmer