[net.auto] Volvo parts

greg@isrnix.UUCP (Gregory Travis) (02/03/86)

Does anyone know the address'/particulars of any Volvo clubs in America?

I'm looking for parts for my 1970 145s - specifically rubber mouldings.
Volvo claims not to have the rubber door mouldings, nor panels in
stock any more.  This is very nice, since it's only now that the 16 year
old rubber is beginning to bite it.  Any help in locating these parts
would be appreciated.  Also, does anyone know how long mechanical
parts for B20 engines, M40/41 transmissions, etc. are going to be
available?  Are they still manufacturing them, or is it all just
inventory now?

--
    Gregory R. Travis
    Institute for Social Research - Indiana University - Bloomington, In

awr@teddy.UUCP (02/07/86)

In article <689@isrnix.UUCP> greg@isrnix.UUCP (Gregory Travis) writes:
>Does anyone know the address'/particulars of any Volvo clubs in America?

Hemmings' Vintage Auto Almanac lists two:

	VOLVO CLUB OF AMERICA
	PO Box 710
	Durham, NH  03824

	WASHINGTON VOLVO CLUB
	5300 Yorktown Road
	Bethesda, MD  20816

>I'm looking for parts for my 1970 145s - specifically rubber mouldings.

They also list the following parts source:

	VOLUPARTS, INC.
	751 Trabert Avenue NW
	Atlanta, GA  30318
	(404) 352-3402

Hope this helps!

AWR

tim@ur-cvsvax.UUCP (Tim Takahashi) (02/26/86)

> Does anyone know the address'/particulars of any Volvo clubs in America?
>
> I'm looking for parts for my 1970 145s - specifically rubber mouldings.
> Volvo claims not to have the rubber door mouldings, nor panels in
> stock any more.  This is very nice, since it's only now that the 16 year
> old rubber is beginning to bite it.  Any help in locating these parts
> would be appreciated.  Also, does anyone know how long mechanical
> parts for B20 engines, M40/41 transmissions, etc. are going to be
> available?  Are they still manufacturing them, or is it all just
> inventory now?
>
> --
>     Gregory R. Travis
>     Institute for Social Research - Indiana University - Bloomington, In
>     ihnp4!inuxc!isrnix!greg
>     {pur-ee,allegra,qusavx}!isrnix!greg

F.Y.I. you should try calling I.P.D. in Portland,Oregon. They are a
 cross between a speed shop and a warehouse for old Volvos. Also,
 you can give Access Antiques and Classics, on Norton St, Rochester, NY
 a call - this place is an old lumberyard that stocks innumerable numbers
 of old Volvo's.