[comp.sys.next] Chinese and Japanese Fonts

rtschwar@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Robert Schwarz) (06/03/91)

I'm looking for Chinese and Japanese Fonts for the NeXT and/or TeX.
If you know a distributor or a FTP-Adress, please mail me directly.

Robert Schwarz

My adress: rtschwar@faui43.informatik.uni-erlangen.de

(Sorry, I'm not very firm in using nn, mail or english)

lee@pipe.cs.wisc.edu (Soo Lee) (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun3.081311.15574@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> rtschwar@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Robert Schwarz) writes:
>I'm looking for Chinese and Japanese Fonts for the NeXT and/or TeX.
>If you know a distributor or a FTP-Adress, please mail me directly.
>
>Robert Schwarz
>
>My adress: rtschwar@faui43.informatik.uni-erlangen.de

Would you post the addresses of FTP sites?

Thanks in advance.

Soo	lee@cs.wisc.edu

fox@allegra.att.com (David Fox) (06/05/91)

I doubt if any of this is adapted specifically for the NeXT.
If anyone gets it going on the next let me know.

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 18:03:58 EST

Filename                Short Description
ChTeX.tar.Z             Chinese font end for (La)TeX (J.B. Wang)
HZ1-1.tar.Z             Various Hanzi utilities (R. Yeung && F.F. Lee)
celvis.tar.Z            vi clone with Chinese support
chhk-news/              Various China-Hong Kong News articles and
                        Big5<->GuoBiao conversion program
                        (KW Chan, R. Yeung && F.F. Lee)
chinese-fonts.tar       Collected Chinese X11 fonts (M. Leisher)
cxterm.tar.Z            Chinese capable xterm with input methods
dvi2ps.tar.Z            dvi2ps that works with ChTeX
ftp.sites               ftp sites for Chinese related software
hanzi-converter.hqx     Mac utility for Big5 and GB OS's
                        (R. Yeung && F.F. Lee)
hc.tar.Z                GB, Shift-GB, 8-bit GB conversion program
                        (M. Leisher)
hconv.tar.Z             7-bit CTEXT encoding program for Big5 && GB
                        (M. Leisher)
xhzview.tar.Z           X11 based view program for files containing
                        Chinese (R. Yeung && F.F. Lee)

From: gava@koto (Jacques Gava)
To: fox
Subject: other sites
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 18:08:06 EST

Here are some useful anonymous ftp sites for Chinese related software:

In the US:

   chiris.stevens-tech.edu [192.12.216.114]
	ChTeX
	(As of Nov 1990 chiris.stevens-tech.edu directories are
	locked.
	 I don't know when or if they will be open again.
	 If you ftp there, the username is supposed to be "ftp" as
	 opposed to "anonymous".)

   crl.nmsu.edu [128.123.1.14]
	pub/chinese/
	pub/misc/
	Chinese X11 fonts, ChTeX, this file, kterm 4.1.1

   cs.purdue.edu [128.10.2.1]
	pub/ygz/
	cxterm, celvis, cclib16* fonts

   ftphost.cac.washington.edu [128.95.112.1]
	pub/
	chinese.tar.Z - assorted programs [some programs duplicated
			from june.cs.washington.edu]

   hanauma.stanford.edu [36.51.0.16]
	pub/zhongwen/
	beijing24.bdf, Pinyin pronunciation tables,
	Pinyin->GB code table

   june.cs.washington.edu [128.95.1.4]
	pub/yeung/
	Lots of interesting stuff

In Canada:

   news.cc.umanitoba.ca [130.179.16.29]  ** IP address subject to
   change
	Lots of interesting stuff