[comp.sys.next] Immediate write to disk

helene@umiacs.umd.edu (Helene Young-Myers) (06/06/91)

     In Mach, how do I force an immediate write to disk?  I am looking for
the equivalent to the O_SYNC option in open() on Unix System V.  When this
option is set, each write() will wait for both the file data and file
status to be physically updated.

                                    Helene

In article <35269@mimsy.umd.edu> helene@umiacs.umd.edu
	(Helene Young-Myers) writes:
>     In Mach, how do I force an immediate write to disk?  I am looking for
>the equivalent to the O_SYNC option in open() on Unix System V.  When this
>option is set, each write() will wait for both the file data and file
>status to be physically updated.

This isn't really a Mach question.  :-)

NeXT added O_SYNC with Software Release 2.0.
You might also look at the fsync(2) call.

					-=EPS=-