[comp.sys.next] Adding a Mac to a NetInfo Network

mikec@wam.umd.edu (Michael D. Callaghan) (06/08/91)

It is possible that I will have three NeXTs and a Mac on n intra-office
LAN soon.

What I'd like to do is use the simplicity of NetInfo, yet still have the
Mac as an NFS client. Is this a tough thing to do?

Thanks,
MikeC

Michael D. Callaghan, MDC Designs, University of Maryland
	- Celibacy is a curable condition -

In article <1991Jun7.175406.19053@wam.umd.edu> mikec@wam.umd.edu
	(Michael D. Callaghan) writes:
>It is possible that I will have three NeXTs and a Mac on n intra-office
>LAN soon.
>
>What I'd like to do is use the simplicity of NetInfo, yet still have the
>Mac as an NFS client. Is this a tough thing to do?

What are you trying to accomplish?
Are the Macs running A/UX?

----
|The phrase "NetInfo Network" is really meaningless--this is
|some marketing bogosity in the NetMangler program that's really
|concerned with whether or not individual machines should
|broadcast for parent NetInfo domains, and it's just a way of
|choosing a particular "canned" set of configuration options
|that may make sense for "I have `N' NeXTs on the same piece
|of cable and they're all under the same administrative control
|and I'm not attached to the Internet and I really don't want to
|learn anything about how any of this stuff really works."  The
|characteristics of the network itself don't change!
----

					-=EPS=-