[comp.sys.next] NeXTstation color?

ratshana@triton.unm.edu (R.L.) (06/09/91)

 Can anyone give me the specifics of this machine? I've seen it advertised for
around $7000. How does it compare to the NeXTdimension color? What are the
specifics of both machines? Thanks!

perstoro@netmbx.UUCP (Wilhelm Schaefer) (06/09/91)

ratshana@triton.unm.edu (R.L.) writes:

> Can anyone give me the specifics of this machine? I've seen it advertised for
>around $7000. How does it compare to the NeXTdimension color? What are the
>specifics of both machines? Thanks!

more questions...

It has 12MB ram at least, right?
Howmany 1Mbit simms could be added, or do I need 4Mbit simms to get
more memory?

Is it very slow? - ( I think it must have much more to do as a monchrome-
		     staion.)

Is it possible to upgrade a monochrom NeXT-station with color?

What are the prices fore students in the us?

thanks a lot

	       -- --- good old perstoro --- --

adkins@tortoise.cis.ohio-state.edu (Brian Adkins) (06/10/91)

>Is it possible to upgrade a monochrom NeXT-station with color?
>
>What are the prices fore students in the us?

As I understand it, it is NOT possible to upgrade from a monochrome NeXTstation
to a color.

The only price information I have is for O.S.U. students, but I would imagine
other schools would be comparable:

   Color NeXTstation with 12 megs RAM, 2.88 meg floppy, 105 meg hard drive
      $5,725

   With 200 meg hard drive - $7,149
   With 400 meg hard drive - $7,859

Software included: Objective-C, C++, Emacs, TeX, Dictionary, Thesaurus,
Dictionary of Quotes, Works of William Shakespeare etc.

I hope this helps a bit - Brian