[comp.sys.next] C-News

ph600fbj@sdcc14.ucsd.edu (james dehnert) (05/29/91)

  Has anyone been able to compile c-news on the NeXT (2.0)?  I just
managed to get a uucp mail and news feed and need to get my news up
and running.
  If you have it working, please let  me know how you did it, if
there was anything special you had to do, and any tricks or traps
you discovered.
  Thanks,
	Zeke

  jdehnert@ucsd.edu  "The sky above the port was the color of television,
tuned to a dead channel" -- William Gibson -- Neuromancer -- Eschew Obfuscation

jiro@shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) (05/30/91)

In article <19855@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> ph600fbj@sdcc14.ucsd.edu (james dehnert)
writes:

>   Has anyone been able to compile c-news on the NeXT (2.0)?  I just
> managed to get a uucp mail and news feed and need to get my news up
> and running.
>   If you have it working, please let  me know how you did it, if
> there was anything special you had to do, and any tricks or traps
> you discovered.
>   Thanks,
> 	Zeke

	There's nothing special about getting Cnews up and running. I did it in the
space of an afternoon. You should be prepared to have some disk space (at least
10 to 20 megabytes for a small-medium feed).
	Get Cnews from uunet and follow the directions in Managing UUCP and USENET by
O'Reilly Associates and you should be all set. If you need help running the
configuration script, send me e-mail and I'll give you mine.

	- jiro
--
Jiro Nakamura				jiro@shaman.com
The Shaman Group			(607) 256-5125 VOICE

sd9500@swpyr2.sbc.com (Steven K. Dieringer) (06/10/91)

 Would someone who's successfully compiled C-News please post or e-mail
their build.def file?  I've been struggling with this for several days.

I tried to follow Jiro Nakamura's Build session posted here recently, but
it wouldn't work for me (some problem with _memsys or the like).

I'm running 2.1 on a '040 cube...

Thanks!

Steve