[comp.sys.next] How do I change cursors?

byer@adobe.com (Scott Byer) (06/08/91)

Not the special Workspace ones (I've already done that...), but the arrow and
wait cursors.  I would like to change them into something more visible /
colorful.  Also, does somebody have a better version of Icon.  One that works?
I'll pay good money.

Scott Byer                                              byer@adobe.com
Adobe Systems Incorporated                        These are all my own
1585 Charleston Road, P.O. Box 7900            opinions - like anybody
Mountain View, CA 94039-7900                     else would want them!

In article <16181@adobe.UUCP> byer@adobe.com    (Scott Byer) writes:
>Not the special Workspace ones (I've already done that...), but the arrow and
>wait cursors.  I would like to change them into something more visible /
>colorful.

The NXArrow shouldn't be a problem--have you tried compositing a
colored replacement over the one in the sharedCursors window?

I don't think the wait cursor is worth the effort...

>           Also, does somebody have a better version of Icon.  One that works?
There is a better version of Scene, but I haven't seen a better
version of Icon.

					-=EPS=-

shanega@athena.mit.edu (Shane G. Artis) (06/09/91)

In article <1682@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:

>There is a better version of Scene, but I haven't seen a better
>version of Icon.
>
>					-=EPS=-

Where does one get the better version of Scene?  Is it on release 2.1?

Shane

In article <1991Jun8.180526.21631@athena.mit.edu>
	shanega@athena.mit.edu (Shane G. Artis) writes:
>Where does one get the better version of Scene?  Is it on release 2.1?

2.1 has the same version as 2.0.  Keith Ohlfs has continued work
on it since that release.  Also, the animation stuff from Icon
turned into a separate application (he demonstrated something
called "Oscar" running on a NeXTdimension prototype at a BANG
Developer's SIG meeting earlier this year).  Since all this stuff
is considered "Demo" software (i.e. not officially supported by
NeXT), getting it out between official releases isn't a high
priority.  That doesn't mean it won't happen (and we have
certainly been treated to some nice goodies from "inside NeXT"
recently).

					-=EPS=-