[comp.sys.next] score files

dbk@esl.com (David Kay) (02/16/90)

	I've enjoyed looking at and playing the ClassicalGas
scorefile written by Shane Artis (shanega@athena.mit.edu).
Being substantially too lazy to do one by hand, I'm interested in
tools that exist to edit scorefiles in a more intuitive
way.  References to public domain stuff are most helpful,
of course...
	Thanks.

	David Kay
	dbk@esl.com

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (02/21/90)

can any one direct me a ftp site where I can get several score files? I'd
like very much to work on a NeXT while listening the music... specially my
walkman's broken, I do have a stereo, but I have to go to computer
lab to use a NeXT.
Thanx in advance for any kind of help

--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |

ppham@gmuvax2.gmu.edu ( ) (06/06/91)

Summary:.score file reduction

I just noticed that .score files reduce VERY much. For example when I
compressed FugueCMajor.score normally 128K it became only 20K The same with
most other score files. 240K Pachelbel.score -> 37K Pachelbel.score.Z
shouldn't NeXT come up with some kind of auto compress-decompress system
for these files, like for .snd files ?

swede (Jim Mynatt) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.123111.9936@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> ppham@gmuvax2.gmu.edu ( )
writes:
  > Summary:.score file reduction
  >
  > I just noticed that .score files reduce VERY much. For example when I
  > compressed FugueCMajor.score normally 128K it became only 20K The same with
  > most other score files. 240K Pachelbel.score -> 37K Pachelbel.score.Z
  > shouldn't NeXT come up with some kind of auto compress-decompress system
  > for these files, like for .snd files ?

--
	FYI, 	Squash dropped BachFugue.score from .294mb to 43k (>86%
savings) and when I doble click BachFugue.score.squ, it is unsquashed and then

zack@magus.UUCP (Zacharias_Beckman) (06/10/91)

Regarding this "squash" software -- where can I lay my hands on it?  Thanks!

--
Zacharias J. Beckman  |  To be "matter of fact" about the world is to
Lower Code Dweller    |  blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that,

cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Charles Herrick) (06/12/91)

In article <200@magus.UUCP> zack@magus.UUCP (Zacharias_Beckman) writes:
   Regarding this "squash" software -- where can I lay my hands on it?  Thanks!

Have you tried NeXTconnection (800-800-NeXT)?
--
  The opinions expressed herein are mine and are in no way attributed
  to any of the many people for whom I work. Who they are is irrelevant.