[comp.sys.next] Edit in 2.0

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (06/12/91)

In article <CNH5730.91Jun11171614@calvin.tamu.edu> cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Charles Herrick) writes:
>In article <17138@helios.TAMU.EDU> daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Walter C. Daugherity) writes:
>   Guess I'm a little slow--I've been using 2.0 for quite a while and suddenly
>   noticed today that when you type a ")" in Edit the cursor jumps to the
>   matching "(" and then back, just like emacs.  Neato!
>
>I think the coolest thing about Edit is what happens when you
>Control-click on a "{" or a "(".

Is there any way to turn off the auto line wrapping of Edit, and
make it do horizontal scroll instead.

I hate line wraps when I am editing files with lines a tad too long
for an Edit window.  I use Edit all the time, and it's great to
see its capabilities increase with each new version, but there are
some basic things like this which is very annoying.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu