[comp.sys.next] Tip Problem?

gn@orbus (06/04/91)

When using tip, upon exiting from another system I get the modem prompt after
disconnecting, and have to use tilde dot to exit tip. Is this an affectation
of NeXT's implementation and their general disdain for unix? Or have I just
screwed up?

I'm running 2.1, with a Telebit T2500. Uucp runs correctly (within limits)

Can someone help me out here?

-
Greg Noel
uunet!umn-cs!rathe!orbus!gn
-
"Excess Breeds Tolerance"  -Jim Carroll

rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us (Bob Peirce #305) (06/12/91)

In article <676362366.65@egsgate.FidoNet.Org> Unknown@f98.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Unknown) writes:

>When using tip, upon exiting from another system I get the modem prompt after
>disconnecting, and have to use tilde dot to exit tip. Is this an affectation
>of NeXT's implementation and their general disdain for unix? Or have I just
>screwed up?

I tried a couple times to reply to your last posting by mail.  It kept
bouncing back to me.  Anyhow, I came from a SysV background and cu
always worked this way so I was not surprised when tip did it.  The
advantage is you can immediately call another machine without restarting
tip.  I can't say whether it is supposed to work this way or not, but it
is certainly consistent with cu.
--
Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA        rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us         412-471-5320
venetia@investor.pgh.pa.us [NeXT Mail]     ...!uunet!pitt!investor!rbp [UUCP]