[comp.sys.next] Terminal question: how to print current page?

beaucham@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (James Beauchamp) (06/12/91)

Every once in a while in the 'terminal app' I see something I want a hard
copy of, but when I select 'Print' and do the "obvious thing", which is to
try to print from 'last' to 'last', it won't let me.  Or I could give an
absolute page number for the current page, but where is that displayed?
This seems like a simple thing that everyone would want, so it must have
an obvious answer.  Am I missing something obvious?

Jim Beauchamp j-beauchamp@uiuc.edu

aquesada@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Ing. Antonio Quesada Duarte) (06/12/91)

beaucham@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (James Beauchamp) writes:

>Every once in a while in the 'terminal app' I see something I want a hard
>copy of, but when I select 'Print' and do the "obvious thing", which is to
>try to print from 'last' to 'last', it won't let me.  Or I could give an
>absolute page number for the current page, but where is that displayed?
>This seems like a simple thing that everyone would want, so it must have
>an obvious answer.  Am I missing something obvious?

>Jim Beauchamp j-beauchamp@uiuc.edu

     When you select print, the corresponding print window appears. In this
    window you may select where, how, and what to print.
    To select the what, in the lower right corner is an 'Extent' menu.
    In there you select to print ALL, only the visible part or a selection.

Hope this helps!
From Monterrey, Mexico:
Antonio Quesada-Duarte
(also:  thor@asgard.mty.itesm.mx    <--NeXT Mail)

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (06/12/91)

James Beauchamp writes
> Every once in a while in the 'terminal app' I see something I want a hard
> copy of, but when I select 'Print' and do the "obvious thing", which is to
> try to print from 'last' to 'last', it won't let me.  Or I could give an
> absolute page number for the current page, but where is that displayed?
> This seems like a simple thing that everyone would want, so it must have
> an obvious answer.  Am I missing something obvious?

Try the "Selection" and "Visible" buttons in the Print panel.  You can either
select exactly what you want to print and use the "Selection" button, or you
can print just what's on the screen with the "Visible" button.  I agree that
the notion of pages is a bit fuzzy.

--
 Glenn Reid				RightBrain Software
 glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us		NeXT/PostScript developers