[comp.sys.next] mouse-X binaries for 030/1.0a?

jcargill@oka.cs.wisc.edu (Jon Cargille) (06/12/91)

Is there a compiled version of mouse-X which will run on an 030 w/NS
1.0a?  I tried the compiled version from columbia, but it wouldn't
run.  I guess it requires 2.0.  Or maybe I did something wrong; if
you've used Howie's version of mouse-X on an 030/1.0a machine, please
let me know.

Note that I don't have enough disk space to compile from the X sources
+ mouse-X mods by myself.  Is there anyone out there with 1.0a who has
done this, and could make the binaries available?

Thanks for any/all info,

Jon
--
Jon Cargille		jcargill@cs.wisc.edu  <-- Now receiving NeXTmail

das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Douglas A Scott) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun12.164252.4832@spool.cs.wisc.edu> jcargill@oka.cs.wisc.edu (Jon Cargille) writes:

>Is there a compiled version of mouse-X which will run on an 030 w/NS
>1.0a?  I tried the compiled version from columbia, but it wouldn't
>run.  I guess it requires 2.0.

	You are correct--the server only works under 2.0. Maybe you can find
	somebody with a leftover binary from 1.0.  Given how precious (and
	expensive) disk space is, that may be difficult.  BTW, everything else
	in the standard X source tree compiles just fine under 1.0 -- only the
	server has really changed.

Douglas Scott          Columbia University Computer Music Studio
Internet: <doug@woof.columbia.edu> <das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu>
UUCP: ...!columbia!woof!zardoz!doug          Phone: (703)765-4771