[comp.sys.next] Edit in 2.0 blinks parentheses!

daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Walter C. Daugherity) (06/11/91)

Guess I'm a little slow--I've been using 2.0 for quite a while and suddenly
noticed today that when you type a ")" in Edit the cursor jumps to the
matching "(" and then back, just like emacs.  Neato!

--
Walter C. Daugherity			Internet, NeXTmail: daugher@cs.tamu.edu
Texas A & M University			uucp: uunet!cs.tamu.edu!daugher

cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Charles Herrick) (06/12/91)

In article <17138@helios.TAMU.EDU> daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Walter C. Daugherity) writes:
   Guess I'm a little slow--I've been using 2.0 for quite a while and suddenly
   noticed today that when you type a ")" in Edit the cursor jumps to the
   matching "(" and then back, just like emacs.  Neato!

I think the coolest thing about Edit is what happens when you
Control-click on a "{" or a "(".

Now, if it would only interface with the compiler and gdb 'a la
emacs...

-- Chuck
--
  The opinions expressed herein are mine and are in no way attributed
  to any of the many people for whom I work. Who they are is irrelevant.

waldvoge@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch (Marcel Waldvogel) (06/13/91)

In article <CNH5730.91Jun11171614@calvin.tamu.edu> cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Charles Herrick) writes:

>Now, if it would only interface with the compiler and gdb 'a la
>emacs...
>
>-- Chuck

I don't know what you are complaining about. The interfacing with gdb
is quite nice (type "view" in gdb, but Edit must be already started),
so is executing make using the User Commands menu.

Marcel
--
Marcel Waldvogel | waldvoge@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch | This message is in the public
Eschenweg 7      | 8057 Zuerich                  | domain. No donation required!